Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Buying Alcohol With A Temporary

Alberto Vazquez Figueroa - Cienfuegos

Long, long time ago ... when I was a kid fresh out of teacher read the Foundation Asimov, I asked my parents to recommend some books. It turned out a series of adventure books set in the discovery of America, that's incredibly entertaining, no doubt, his best asset-counted in a swift and full of interesting characters.

Cienfuegos would say it was who, in turn, caused me to dip a little in English contemporary literature. He had it all: a passionate novel, full of action, adventure, discovery, love, fighting, betrayal ... chungas diseases, History, Cienfuegos was great and my memory of him was huge, magnificent and iridescent.

Lately I wanted a short book with incredible adventures hard, so after taking a look at the considerable library together at home (in the house of my parents, go), I decided to reread this novel. I always feel the same. When I take a book to keep special affection, I do fear that this time I do not like, to think that only liked me because of my childhood innocence or naivety or whatever. The truth is that most of the time it happens to me, but every one that it does feel a little sting of painful disappointment, as if something was over, as if he had lost forever. Does not it happen?




I went to Cienfuegos. Absolutely. I have returned to enjoy all my desire. Under his adventure novel way of hiding a love story and way exaggerated epic, a romance of Paris and Helen who survives and logic hazards. Or is it a love story that hides an incredible adventure story? I have my doubts, but the fact is that this is one of the readings more comfortable, simple and interesting I've ever faced. The pages are happening fast and interesting, keeping the reader hooked that provides for swift scenes, with an acceptable description and puts it in position but not cramming or tired. The characters, in clear and simple way, get all significant players in the lines devoted to them: the smart and convert Don Luis de Torres, the superb and able Juan de la Cosa, the obsessive Columbus, the mean and grumpy Caragato , the friendly and peaceful chips, and even virtually indexed and Ingrid Luna Lion Grass, Viscount and Viscountess, respectively, of Teguise, and, of course, the goatherd from La Gomera who stars in the story, red-haired Adonis Herculean, uncultured and acrobatic ape, which is Cienfuegos.

The story is that Captain Leo de Luna, Viscount La Gomera has a beautiful wife of Germanic origin, Ingrid Grass. Leon is a brave man, tanned, educated and zealous, so when he discovers that his wife hits her with a goatherd ignorant who can hardly speak, gets angry and decides to kill him because he is unable to give the love of his wife, he considers the greatest of worldly goods. The goatherd, who does not know half the mass, trying to go to Seville where he agreed to meet with his beloved blond Teutonic (not busty, but may also) embarks on the Santa Maria heading to exotic India.

And the way is simply brilliant. Apart from attractive characters, a narrative fast as the gale wind of a Cantabrian that dropped the interest at any time, we find a quick tour of life on board one of the ships and then with a quick description of the English, the fort of the nativity and wildlife. The pouting, the dirty words, the vile actions together with the exultation of the camaraderie of life at sea, the roughness and serenity to unforeseen events. So many characters so close together, the way that presents a few from the always peculiar view of the goatherd, form a magnificent picture, a sample of manual on how to write an adventure novel to the end.

Note: 9. I think, again, the perfect guide on how to write an adventure story, but I do not like the excessive love of the players guide their actions. I guess I am reluctant to accept a guide so strong in a book, but not really tarnishes the note book. Let's see if I return to this author that I have very left for a couple of decades.


And last but not least has to be a guide for a game of 7 th Sea as a world great.

0 comments:

Post a Comment